Center of Excellence for Food and Agriculture
A dynamic hub for innovation and collaboration, the Center of Excellence for Food and Agriculture at Cornell AgriTech leverages the unparalleled research and expertise of Cornell University to accelerate growth and position New York State as a global leader in food and agricultural advancement by:
- Pushing entrepreneurs and startups to launch their businesses in New York and commercialize products and services
- Pulling companies into the state by connecting them with innovation resources and economic development partners
- Growing existing food, beverage and agriculture-related companies from across New York State through business mentoring, technical assistance, research, business-to-business partnerships, supply chains and the myriad resources they need to succeed and thrive
Learn how the Center of Excellence has supported and empowered businesses to grow and thrive:
The Center of Excellence made great strides in 2019 in supporting startups and companies to launch and grow their businesses. A total of 75 companies were assisted.
Raised by companies working with the Center of Excellence in 2019.
The Center of Excellence for Food and Agriculture led to the creation of 97 New York state jobs in 2019.
News & events
NewsGenetics, not field conditions, makes hemp ‘go hot’
The two-day event includes live pitches from food and agriculture startups competing for $3 million in prizes, a symposium, an exhibition of regional food and ag ecosystem leaders and an awards gala. A partnership between Empire State...
The Application Period for Round 2 of the Grow-NY Competition is Open
Resources and partners
The Center of Excellence maintains partnerships with a wealth of programs and resources primed to support food and agriculture companies grow and thrive. Contact our team to get connected to valuable resources like these:
- Incubators and accelerators
- Training and education partners
- Testing and validation services
- Trade association support
- Business-to-business (B2B) relationships
- Supply chain assets [feedstock and packaging suppliers, processors and manufacturers, production facilities, co-packers, warehousing, distribution, retail and marketplace]
- State, federal and local economic development incentive programs
- Capital resources
- Marketing resources
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.