Discover CALS

See how our current work and research is bringing new thinking and new solutions to some of today's biggest challenges.

Professional graduate students

The CALS Office of Professional Programs - Student Services is designed to meet the specific needs of current Master of Food Science (MFS), Master of Professional Studies (MPS) and Master of Landscape Architecture (MLA) students, with additional support to Master of Engineering students in CALS graduate fields.

The student services coordinator provides assistance with a variety of services in collaboration with graduate fields, including class enrollment, leave of absence and graduation requirements. The office is located adjacent to the Student Collaboration Space in 211 Kennedy Hall.

For any inquiries, please contact calsprofprograms [at] (calsprofprograms[at]cornell[dot]edu), Our office staff will respond within one business day.

Need help?

Contact a Professional Master’s Programs Graduate Field Assistant (GFA).

Current students with questions related to their field of study may also consult with their graduate field assistant (GFA). The GFAs serve as liaisons between students, faculty members and the CALS Office of Professional Programs. They are familiar with campus resources and can answer many questions about the degree process.

  • Animal Science – Donna Wakeman, dlb8 [at]
  • Biological and Environmental Engineering – Brenda Marchewka, bee-grad [at]
  • Food Science and Technology – Erin Atkins, ea56 [at]
  • Global Development – Derar Lulu, dl987 [at]
  • Integrative Plant Science – Tara Reed, tln2 [at]
  • Landscape Architecture – Kristie Milliman, klo28 [at]
  • Natural Resources and the Environment – nregrad [at]

Research graduate students

There are numerous resources on campus designed to support research graduate students obtaining a M.S. or Ph.D. degree. Below is a list of common offices and services that many students refer to at some point during their graduate career. Please note that these links will take you to the Graduate School website.

Are you a Graduate Student looking for media training or have a great story idea for the CALS Office of Marketing & Communications to cover? Please email cals-comm [at]