Specifics for the 2022 program
- Nine week internships to conduct research in a faculty program at Cornell AgriTech
- Gain research experience and learn about the diverse agriculture and food systems in New York
- Additional professional enrichment programming and field trips will be offered
- Benefits include housing and a $4,825 stipend
- Program starts on June 1, 2022 (May 31 travel) and runs through July 29, 2022 (July 30 travel).
- Only United States citizens or permanent residents are eligible for USDA NIFA funds in this program. Non-US citizens, especially Cornell CALS students, may be eligible for funding from other sources
- Must be 18 years of age by June 2022
- Must have completed two, and preferably three, years of college level study in one of the life sciences by June 2022
- Must also still be enrolled in an undergraduate program in the life sciences or other relevant field (e.g. engineering and computer science) by June 2022
Covid-19 and vaccination requirements
Cornell University requires all employees, whether they work on campus or work fully remotely, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or to have obtained a university-approved medical or religious exemption. For additional information on this requirement,
- Cornell University Division of Human Resources
The Scholar will have the opportunity to participate in other career-related activities including trips to farms, orchards, and vineyards in the area. Other touring opportunities will also be available, for example weekend trips to Niagara Falls, the Eastman (Kodak) House, Corning Museum of Glass, hiking in the Finger Lakes region, etc.