The 2023 application process is now closed.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact:
Our Program: agritech_scholar [at] cornell.edu
- For Entomology: Holly Hancharik - hak3 [at] cornell.edu
- For Horticulture: Amy Andersen- ada10 [at] cornell.edu
- For Plant Pathology/Plant Microbe-Biology: Kate Keagle - kev35 [at] cornell.edu
- For Food Science: Sarah Lincoln - sjl38 [at] cornell.edu
- For Food & Beverage Entrepreneurship and Business Development: Danielle DiDuro - dnd38 [at] cornell.edu
- For USDA Plant Genetics Research Unit: Chris Knabb - christopher.knabb [at] usda.gov
Only United States citizens or permanent residents are eligible for USDA NIFA funds in this program. Non-US citizens, especially Cornell CALS students, may be eligible for funding from other sources.
The submission deadline for all application related material is January 30, 2023
Applicants are permitted to submit ONE single application to ONE of our six program areas (Entomology, Horticulture, Plant Pathology/Plant-Microbe Biology, Food Science, Food & Beverage Entrepreneurship and Business Development*, or USDA Plant Genetics Research Unit).
Within the ONE chosen program, applicants should rank their top three projects.
*The Food & Beverage Entrepreneurship and Business Development Program contains only one project. Students interested in this program are instructed to select this project only.