- Complete one online order form below for each type of test you are requesting. Multiple samples for the same analyses do not require a different form.
- Provide a 750mL sample to allow for duplicate analyses and additional tests, if necessary. If only a single analysis is requested, a 375mL sample is generally adequate.
- Label all samples with the winery name and some identifying information, especially when submitting multiple samples.
- Wine samples must be submitted in completely full containers.
- Freeze juice samples and ship by next day air. Indicate that the sample is frozen on the outside of the shipping container.
- For distillate/ kombucha samples where alcohol content is the only requested analysis, 100 ml is sufficient. Please make sure the sample is in a full, sealed container (spirits) or is chilled and can hold pressure (kombucha).
Ship to the following address
CCBAL: Pam Raes
Cornell AgriTech- 110 Food Research Laboratory
665 W. North Street
Geneva, NY 14456 USA
Questions? Contact us at ccbal [at] cornell.edu
Hand-deliver your beverage sample(s)
Sample drop off Monday-Thursday 8am-4pm. Friday 8am-10am.
Drop-off will be at the more protected lower (west) entrance of the Food Research Lab (see map below). We recommend entering from Pre-emption Rd if possible. As you turn onto Collier Drive, Food Science is the second building on the left. As you pull into the parking lot, there is an overhang all the way to the left. Inside, a red cooler will be placed at the top of a set of concrete stairs to receive your sample. Place your sample in the cooler, sanitized if possible. There will be a phone number listed on the top of the cooler. When the drop-off is completed, send a text message to that number letting us know it has arrived.
If a text is not possible, ccbal [at] cornell.edu (subject: Sample%20Drop-Off) (email )us ASAP.