Beginning DAIRY LEADER Program
Helping Young People Explore Post-Secondary Agricultural Education and Career Opportunities
The Beginning DAIRY LEADER program gives high school participants the opportunity to explore post-secondary agricultural education and career opportunities in a networking environment through interaction with faculty and students, college planning, and personal development. Activities include resume writing, leadership and team building.
- High school students entering at least their sophomore year. High school graduates are not eligible
- Have potential interest in dairy industry careers
- Have an interest in pursuing post-secondary education in agriculture
- Can reasonably commit to one Saturday program in November of the current year and February, March, April, and June of the following year
- Applicants will be evaluated and a maximum of 30 participants will be selected based on the application essay, interest and personal reference.
Students can apply for both the Junior DAIRY LEADER and the Beginning DAIRY LEADER program in the same year, however, students cannot participate in both programs in the same year.
The program costs $100 for the year. This includes meals, overnight lodging when applicable, and transport within the programs. Thank you to Cornell University Department of Animal Science and PRO-DAIRY for providing support for this program and keeping costs affordable for the youth participating.
NYS Beginning DAIRY LEADER Application
Beginning DAIRY LEADER applications for the 2021-2022 class are now open! Please apply online here. Contact Deborah Grusenmeyer at djc27 [at] cornell.edu with any questions.