Dairy Profit Monitor
Timely and Concise Data for Managing Your Dairy Business
The Dairy Profit Monitor is an online business trend analysis tool that provides a monthly snapshot of key operating parameters and farm-level efficiencies. It provides a means for farms to monitor their businesses in a more timely manner. Farmers can create customizable benchmark reports to track progress and trends, assess the impacts of management changes and highlight areas for improvement.
This project is open to producers nationwide, allowing users to benchmark their business against businesses around the country.
155 farms, representing nearly 115,000 cows, used this tool. An additional 22 farms representing 30,771 cows in other states also use the program.
- Farm income and cost analysis
- Multiple site/farm capability
- Simple online consultant access
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual summaries
- Trend and comparison reporting
- Monthly management meetings
- Tracking past management changes
- Producer discussion groups
- Answering questions such as Why did these benchmarks change in my business?
- Monthly benchmarking comparison to groups nationwide