Cornell University Dairy Science Club
The Cornell University Dairy Science Club (CUDS) is one of the largest and most active organizations at Cornell. The club focuses on education, outreach, and extension while bonding with colleagues.
The purpose of CUDS is to provide opportunities for the educational enrichment of the dairy industry for current CUDS members, the Cornell community and beyond. Extension and outreach initiatives are met through social, educational, and philanthropic events and service. Fund raising is required for current activities and educational trips and to support the sustainability of the club into the future.
- 47 students traveled to Italy with Dr. Mike Van Amburgh, Karl Czymmek, Terry Haines, Kelsey O’Shea, and Rodrigo Molano Torres in January 2020
- A group of 37 students traveled to China with Dr. Blake Nguyen, Dr. Robert Lynch, Brett Barlass, Barry Putnam and Feiran Wang in January 2020
- 16 students participated in the Northeast Regional Virtual Dairy Challenge which was hosted by the University of Maine in October 2020.
Activities & Events
Annual Community Outreach Events
CUDS members participate in the annual CALS Day celebration, an opportunity for the entire College of Agriculture and Life Sciences to come together as a community to celebrate interdisciplinary achievements and incredible diversity.
Art of Agriculture
Hosted by Sigma Alpha sorority and Alpha Gamma Rho fraternity on the Arts Quad, this event celebrates agriculture and aims to educate and engage the entire campus community.
Dairy Cow Birthing Center
Since 2013, CUDS has participated in the Dairy Cow Birthing Center, hosted by the New York Animal Agriculture Coalition at the New York State Fair. The Birthing Center is an interactive exhibit where fair-goers can ask dairy farmers and industry professionals, including our students, about dairy farming while watching cows give birth!
Since 2018, CUDS members have maintained a local roadway near campus in celebration of Earth Day.
Gifts & Apparel
If you would like to "add some CUDS into your life", our clothing, baseball caps, and window decals may be the perfect option for you. Contact Kelly Heath at kms57 [at] cornell.edu for current inventory.
Interested in joining CUDS? Talk with a club officer.
- akr83 [at] cornell.edu (Alyssa Roorda)
- vec29 [at] cornell.edu (Vincent Ciampaglione)
- gwd55 [at] cornell.edu (Grant Domagala)
- irh9 [at] cornell.edu (Isabel Hall)
CUDS meets on several times throughout the semester in 164 Morrison Hall. Club dues are $25 per academic year. For more information on upcoming meeting dates, contact one of the officers below.
You may sign up for our listserv by contacting Emily Staceski at es742 [at] cornell.edu