Pre-Conference Symposium sponsored by Chr. Hansen Animal and Plant Health & Nutrition
Farm to Fork: Pioneering Microbial Science for a sustainable future during unprecedented times
Dr. Kimberly Morrill, Chr. Hansen Animal Health and Nutrition
Sustainability from Farm to Fork
Dr. Keith Bryan, Chr. Hansen Animal Health and Plant Health & Nutrition
Microbial Solutions on the Farm to Improve Plant Health, Silage Preservation and Animal Health
Dr. Steve Lerner, Chr. Hansen Animal Health and Plant Health & Nutrition
Microbial Solutions to Increase the Sustainability of Food Production and Reducing Food Waste on a Global Scale
Rebecca Henrickson, Chr. Hansen Food Cultures and Enzymes
Microbial Solutions for You and Me: Human Health Implications
Dr. Gregory Leyer, Chr. Hansen Scientific Affairs Human Health
Wrap Up: Final Comments and Questions for All Speakers
Dr. Kimberley Morrill, Chr. Hansen Animal Health and Plant Health & Nutrition
Social Hour and Reception
Breakfast, sponsored by Phileo by Lesaffre
Is This a Good Microbiome? What About That One? How Does the Microbiome Affect Efficiency and Productivity of My Herd?
Dr. Todd Callaway, University of Georgia
Nutritional Opportunities and Challenges with Robot Milked Cows
Dr. Trevor DeVries, University of Guelph
Effects of Seaweed on Dairy Production
Dr. Andre Brito, University of New Hampshire
Presentation of Maynard Graduate Award and Danny Fox Graduate Fellowship
Dr. Tom Overton, Cornell University, Department of Animal Science
Sponsored by Marsyt
Epidemiology of Bovine Colostrum Yield and Brix % in New York Herds
Trent Westhoff, Cornell University
Varying Proportions of Alfalfa and Corn Silage for Lactating Dairy Cows
Dr. Rick Grant, Miner Institute
Farm Systems Diet Modeling of Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Nitrogen Losses & Economic Performance of a Waikato, New Zealand Dairy Farm
Dr. Helwi Tacoma, New Zealand Dairy Consultant
Effects of Heat Stress and Dietary Organic Acids and Pure Botanicals on Gut Permeability and Milk Production in Dairy Cattle
Dr. Ananda Fontoura, Cornell University
Lethal Heat Stress in Dairy Cattle: Unrecognized, Misdiagnosed and Needs Research
Dr. Buzz Burhans, Dairy Tech Group
To be announced
Jorge Barrientos-Blanco, Cornell University
Effect of Sheep Grazing Density on Forage Quality and Vegetation Management Success in Solar Arrays
Dr. Niko Kochendoerfer, Cornell University
Programmatic Developments at Cornell Focused on Feed Additives for Methane Mitigation
Dr. Joe McFadden, Cornell University, Department of Animal Science
Can Feeding Microalgae Decrease GHG Emission of Poultry Production?
Dr. Xingen Lei
Inhibiting Methane Production to Enhance Performance: Is Such a Thing Possible?
Dr. Joe McFadden, Cornell University
The Role of Buffers on In Vitro Digestibility of Encapsulated Amino Acids
Arianna Ferguson, Cornell University
Evening Dinner Reception
Breakfast, sponsored by Virtus Nutrition
Inflammation During the Transition Period
Dr. Lance Baumgard, Iowa State University
Graduate Student Research Spotlights
Does Delaying Oral Ca Bolus Supplementation After Calving Impact Milk Production and Health?
Claira Seely, Cornell University
Effects of Partial Rumen Content Transplantation and Dietary Betaine Supplementation on Heat Stress Cows
Awais Javaid, Cornell University
Effects of Dietary Methionine and Calcium Salts Enriched in Omega-3 Fatty Acids on Production and Liver Function in Transition Dairy Cows
Tanya France, Cornell University
Charlie Sniffen Graduate Research Presentation, sponsored by Kemin Animal Nutrition and Health
Effects of Poor Maternal Nutrition on Pre- and Post-natal Growth and Metabolism
Dr. Kristen Govoni, University of Connecticut
What’s Taking So Long to Get CNCPS Version 7 Out?
Dr. Mike Van Amburgh, Cornell University
Connecting Whole Farm N and P Balances with Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Carbon Footprints
Dr. Quirine Ketterings and Dr. Olivia Godber, Cornell University
Northeast ASAS and ADSA Annual Meeting
After the Conference
Conference Hotel Information
Doubletree by Hilton
6301 State Route 298, East Syracuse, NY 13057
Group Room Rate
$132.00 per night single/double occupancy
Group Code: NUT
Reservation Deadline: September 18, 2022
If you will need more than 5 reservations for your company, please contact Beth Bartlett at marybeth.bartlett [at] hilton.com with your request. Individual names for group reservations are due by October 1 to avoid penalty.
- Book your hotel by September 18, 2022 to receive the reduced conference rate.
- All hotel rates are subject to state, local and occupancy taxes.
- Rates apply to reservations between October 16 and 22 only. If you choose to make a reservation beyond these dates, the system will respond with no availability.
- You may cancel your individual reservation up to 48 hours before your arrival without charge.
- Individual names should be used when making reservations. If requesting multiple rooms under the same name, you will be asked by the hotel to supply individual names no later than 45 days prior to check-in. We have received an increasing number of cancellations which limits the availability of rooms to other guests. We appreciate your assistance in making accurate reservations so that we can continue to offer discounted rates to conference attendees.
Address: 6301 State Route 298, East Syracuse, NY 13057
Just off I-90 in east Syracuse, the hotel is within 15 minutes of Destiny USA shopping, Syracuse University, and the famous Dinosaur Bar-B-Que. A complimentary shuttle is available from the Syracuse Hancock International Airport, a six-mile ride from the hotel.
- Restaurant services have been limited to breakfast (6:30 - 9:30 AM) and dinner/bar (5:00 - 10:00 PM).
- Room service and lunch are currently unavailable.
Future Conference Dates
All conferences will be hosted at the Doubletree by Hilton, East Syracuse, NY
- October 17 - 19, 2023
- October 22 - 24, 2024
- October 21 - 23, 2025
272 Morrison Hall | Ithaca, NY 14853
Phone: (607) 255-4478 | Email: hh96 [at] cornell.edu
- Tom Overton - Chair
- dmconf [at] cornell.edu (subject: Cornell%20Nutrition%20Conference) (Heather Darrow) - Conference Coordinator
- Ron Butler, Cornell University
- Larry Chase - Cornell University
- Heather Dann, Miner Institute
- Debbie Cherney, Cornell University
- Rick Grant, Miner Institute
- Quirine Ketterings, Cornell University
- Xingen Lei, Cornell University
- Joseph McFadden, Cornell University
- Kristan Reed, Cornell University
- Mike Thonney, Cornell University
- Nathalie Trottier, Cornell University
- Mike Van Amburgh, Cornell University