Graduate Field of Plant Biology
Are you interested in earning an Master's Degree or PhD in Plant Biology? Learn about our programs of study and more at the Graduate Field of Plant Biology
Undergraduate Plant Sciences Major
With a Plant Sciences Major, you can:
- Expand our knowledge of plant biology
- Find new ways to produce food for a growing world population
- Breed plants to withstand climate change
- Develop sustainable cropping practices
- Investigate new methods to fight plant disease
- Restore damaged ecosystems
- Conserve species
In addition to the Plant Sciences Major, Plant Biology faculty contribute to the teaching efforts of Biology with a Plant Biology Concentration
Minors offered by the School of Integrative Plant Science will broaden your education at Cornell.
- Plant Sciences
- Crop Management
- Fungal Biology
- Plant Breeding
- Soil Science
Research opportunities for undergraduates
Are you interested in conducting research in a plant biology lab? you can apply to a Research Experience for Undergraduate (REU) Program or apply to one of the many labs in our section that routinely host undergraduate researchers.
- Plant Genome Internship - NSF sponsored program introduces high school and undergraduate students to state-of-the-art techniques in plant biology and trains students in scientific ethics, laboratory safety, and data presentation.
- The Office of Undergraduate Research provides information about exploring the wealth of research opportunities at Cornell
- The Honors Program in Biological Sciences is designed to offer advanced training in laboratory and field research through the performance of an original research project under the direct guidance of a member of the Cornell faculty.