Plant Science undergraduate minors
The School of Integrative Plant Science (SIPS) offers six different minors, from a general minor in Plant Sciences to others that engage Cornell students more deeply in some of the critical areas of plant and soil science. Minors are available only to matriculated Cornell University students, and classes used for any minor requirement must be taken in person, not online. Transfer students must get approval from the minor faculty advisor to use a course completed at another institution for a minor program requirement. No more than three credits from another institution may be used towards a minor program.
- Students may not complete more than one minor in the School of Integrative Plant Science.
- Special topic courses, seminar courses, and courses without regular instruction cannot be counted towards any minor requirement.
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade, and a grade of "C" or better must be received to count towards the minor.
- Minor requirements were updated for the Fall 2023 semester. Students who enrolled in a minor by the end of the Spring 2023 semester are “grandfathered” in on the old requirements.
- Plant Sciences majors are not eligible to complete a minor offered through SIPS.
How to Apply
Students must submit a Declaration of Intent form for the minor they are interested in pursuing, and the declaration must be received no later than the last day of classes in the student’s final semester at Cornell.
Verifying Completion of Minor
- In your second-to-last semester, prior to pre-enrollment for your last semester at Cornell, meet with your minor advisor to determine if you have completed all requirements or which requirements must be completed in your last semester.
- Fill out the attestation form emailed to you before the start of your last semester, detailing which if any requirements you are completing in your last semester. Your minor advisor will confirm your standing in the program.
- Once your last semester’s grades are posted by the University Registrar, the minor coordinator will check your transcript against your attestation form and notify your college whether you have completed the minor. There is no need for you to follow up separately with the minor coordinator about completing the minor or having it added to your academic record.
- Your minor should appear on your official transcript 2 to 3 weeks after your last semester’s final grades post. If you do not see it by the end of June (for May graduates), the end of September (for August graduates) or the end of January (for December graduates), please contact the SIPS minor coordinator:
Leah Cynara Cook
117 Academic Surge A
lcc2 [at] cornell.edu