The following curriculum modifications are for students who have transferred to Cornell's Animal Science program from a different institution.
Sophomore Transfer Curriculum Modifications
The following Appendix I curriculum modifications are made for sophomore transfers:
- BIOAP 1100 – can be granted exemption if you have taken an equivalent course (please talk to your advisor to determine if you qualify). Even if eligible for exemption, this course is highly recommended for Pre-vets.
- Fundamentals of Animal Management- this category can be granted exemption if you have taken an equivalent management course.
Transfer of credits that meet CALS requirements for Chemistry and Math can be eligible for exemption from the below categories.
- Quantitative reasoning
For the above possible exemptions, please talk to your faculty advisor.
Junior Transfer Curriculum Modifications
It is expected that junior transfers have already met CALS requirement for Chemistry and Math. The following Appendix II curriculum modifications are made for junior transfers:
Complete three of the four required courses:
BIOAP 1100 Domestic Animal Biology (4 credits)
ANSC 21202 Animal Nutrition (4 credits)
ANSC 2210 Principles of Animal Genetics (4 credits)
ANSC 2400 Animal Reproduction and Development (3 credits)
If transferring equivalent courses from your previous institution choose an alternate ANSC course in
consultation with your advisor.
Fundamentals of Animal Management
This category can be granted exemption if you have taken an equivalent management course (please talk
to your advisor to determine if you qualify).
Courses under “Professional values and responsibility” are optional.
- Pick one of the four concentrations
- Complete at least 12 credits of ANSC courses, with at least one course in each category that offers ANSC courses.
- Chemistry - accepted as transfer credits
- Quantitative reasoning - accepted as transfer credits
For any exemptions, please talk to your faculty advisor.