BS/DVM Accelerated Pathway
7-year combined BS/DVM pathway is a joint program between the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and the College of Veterinary Medicine at Cornell. Details for applying to the pathway can be found on the College of Veterinary Medicine website. Below are curriculum modifications for students accepted into the BS/DVM pathway.
There are no modifications to core coursework. There are also no changes to Appendix I if you are a sophomore transfer.
Students are eligible to pick one of the 4 concentrations. Within each concentration, students have flexibility to design their course plan selecting categories and courses after discussion with their advisors. Irrespective of the concentration selected and the flexibility provided, students will be held to the following requirement:
Animal Physiology and Nutrition
Two of the following if completing Biology requisites* at Cornell
Three of the following if completing Biology requisites* with AP Bio or other transfer credits
- ANSC 3300 - Fish Physiology (cross-listed BIOAP) (3 credits)
- ANSC 3400 - Comparative Mammalian Reproduction (2 credits)
- ANSC 3410 - Biology of the Mammary Gland in Health and Disease (cross-listed BIOAP) (2 credits - offered in even - numbered years only)
- ANSC 3920 - Mechanisms of Animal Growth and Development (2 credits - offered in odd - numbered years only)
- ANSC 4200 - Nutrition of Felids and Canids (3 credits)
- ANSC 4280 - Comparative Nutrition of the Horse and Pig (4 credits)
- ANSC 4270 - Fundamentals of Endocrinology (cross-listed BIOAP) (3 credits)
- ANSC 4410 - Nutritional Physiology and Biochemistry (3 credits)
- ANSC 4500 - Lab Animal Reproduction (2 credits)
* Refers to courses under “Biology requisites” category in the Pre-veterinary medicine concentration.