Plant Sciences Minor
Minimum 15 credits in Plant Sciences (PL-prefix) coursework.
Love plants but don’t necessarily want to devote your career to them? This minor is for you! Provides broad yet meaningfully deep exposure to many aspects of plant science. Only two required courses and lots of flexibility.
Advisor: Walter De Jong
309 Bradfield hall
wsd2 [at] cornell.edu
- PLBIO 2410 - Introductory Plant Diversity and Evolution (Fall, 3 credits)
- PLSCI 1420 – Functional Plant Biology (Spring, 3 credits)
At least one of the following courses:
- PLBIO 2480 - Vascular Plant Systematics (Fall, 4 credits)
- PLBIO 3440 - Evolutionary Plant Biology (Fall, 3 credits)
- PLBIO 3420 - Plant Physiology, Lectures (Spring, 3 credits) + PLBIO 3421 – Plant Physiology, Laboratory (Spring, 1 credit)
- PLBRG 2250 - Plant Genetics (Spring, 4 credits)
- PLPPM 3010 - Biology and Management of Plant Diseases (Fall, 4 credits)
- PLSCI 2430 - Ecology and Evolution of Plants (Spring, 3 credits)
- PLSCI 4460 - Plant Behavior and Biotic Interactions, Lecture (crosslisted) (Spring, 3 credits) + PLSCI 4461 - Plant Behavior and Biotic Interactions, Laboratory (crosslisted) (Spring, 1 credit)
- PLSCS 2600 - Soil Science (Fall, 4 credits)
Any 2-3 instructor-led courses (minimum 6 credits) with the PL-prefix at the 2000 level or greater, except for PLBIO 2301, PLBIO 2302, PLBIO 2400, PLBIO 2490, PLHRT 2010, PLSCI 2010, PLSCI 2260, and PLSCS 2940.
To learn more about these courses, visit the Courses of Study website.