Horticulture Graduate Student Homan Travel Grant Application
The Homan Travel Grant is available for all graduate students in the Field of Horticulture attending scientific meetings.
If you will be presenting a paper or poster at this meeting and are a research graduate student (MS and PhD), you need to apply to the Graduate School for travel funds. Note: You MUST submit a completed application to the Graduate School by the first of the month prior to the conference month, e.g., if your conference starts in April, your application is due March 1. View Graduate School Conference Grant Application.
- It is expected that there should be some match from faculty.
- You can only apply for a Homan travel grant award once a year.
- The maximum amount you can apply for is $500.
- Use the text box in the form to include a statement of special needs or issues that we should be aware of when considering your application.
- Students must make use of membership discount(s) and/or pre-registration rates.
- Sharing rooms, carpooling and other methods of reducing expenses are encouraged
- If you are an MS or PhD student and will be presenting a paper or poster at a professional conference, apply to the Graduate School for a Conference Grant and proceed to Step 2 below. MPS students or others who are not presenting can proceed with the form below.
- Fill out this form including an estimated budget.
- When you submit this form, your advisor will receive the results and be asked to approve the trip and declare the amount of funds they are willing to match.
- You will receive award notification as soon as possible by email.
- If you have questions, contact Alicia Caswell amd33 [at] cornell.edu or 607.255.9573.
- Please notify Alicia of the amount you have been awarded by the Graduate School, if applicable.