- The Obedience Regulations & Rules applying to dog shows, where applicable, shall apply to all persons and dogs, except as otherwise provided.
- All dogs shall be shown in a flat buckle, snap collar or martingale.
- Food will NOT be permitted in the ring.
- A copy of the course will be posted at the announcers stand and maps will be in the show catalog or posted in advance.
- Competitors shall be provided with a 15-minute period to walk the course (without dogs) and ask the judge questions.
- There will be a maximum time of three (3) minutes per handler/dog team. Anyone with special needs should notify the Superintendent at time of entry.
- Dogs may be shown in only one level of Rally Obedience.
- If a dog defecates or eliminates in the ring during Rally, they will lose 15 points per occurrence.
- Times will be used only to break a tie for Grand or Reserve.
- Rally Jump Heights – Dog measured to the withers: under 10” – jump 4”; 10” and under 15” – jump 8”, 15” to less than 20” = jump 12” & 20” and above – jump 16”.
- Scoring generally follow AKC Guidelines.
Rally Novice A
Course shall consist of 10-15 stations plus a Start & Finish sign. This course is open to dogs at all levels of Obedience. Rally Novice will be performed on a leash. Dogs receiving Blue Ribbons must move up to the next level or to Rally B. Dogs that have received a Rally Novice (RN) Title (or the equivalent R1, etc.) unless earned within 60 days of the show must move to Rally Advanced.
Rally Novice B
For dogs that are not yet ready for Rally Advanced but received a blue ribbon in the previous year. Class description is the same as Rally Novice A. This class is available only once. If the dog received a blue, the dog must move to Rally Advanced in the next year.
Will be Rally Advanced course performed on leash. No jump. No dogs previously shown in Rally Advanced eligible.
Course shall consist of 12 – 17 exercise stations plus a Start & Finish sign. Rally Advanced course shall be performed with the dog off leash. All dogs must be working at the Graduate Beginner level to be training/working/showing in this class. Dogs not entered in an obedience class may be asked to perform an off leash exercise to show that they belong in Rally Advanced. Beginner A & B Obedience dogs are not eligible. Dogs that received a Blue Ribbon or a Rally Advanced (RA) Title (or the equivalent) unless earned within 60 days of the show must move to Rally Excellent.
Course shall consist of 15 – 20 stations plus a Start & Finish sign with no more than 7 stationary exercises. All dogs must be working at the Graduate Beginner level to be training/working/showing in this class. Dogs not entered in an obedience class may be asked to perform an off leash exercise to show that they belong in Rally Excellent. Beginner A & B obedience dogs are not eligible. All exercises shall be performed off leash except the Honor Exercise. Dogs that have received a Blue Ribbon or Rally Excellent (RE) Title (or the equivalent) unless earned within 60 days of the show may participate FEO with permission from the 4-H Dog Show Superintendent.
Course shall consist of 17 – 20 stations plus a Start & Finish sign. Signs used will include signs from all levels of rally plus new masters signs. Open to Rally Excellent Grand Champions and AKC Excellent dogs with RAE titles.