Basic Dairy Nutrition Online Course
This course was presented live in Summer 2021 and is now available in an on-demand format! The on-demand format includes access to 14 hours of pre-recorded content and supplemental materials.
- Rumen function and metabolism – Tawny Chandler
- Carbohydrate nutrition – focus on fiber – Rick Grant
- Carbohydrate nutrition – focus on starch – Heather Dann
- Protein and amino acid nutrition – Mike Van Amburgh
- Nutrition and the environment – Kristan Reed
- Fats and fatty acids in dairy nutrition – Tom Overton
- Nutrition and milk components – Tom Overton
- Water quality in dairy nutrition – Rick Grant
- Management impacts for cow behavior – Rick Grant
- Calf nutrition and management – Sarah Morrison
- Heifer nutrition and management – Mike Van Amburgh
- Minerals and vitamins – Larry Chase
- Feeding and managing the dry cow – Tom Overton
- Feeding and managing the fresh cow – Heather Dann
- Forage production for dairy herds – Joe Lawrence
- Silage fermentation and management – Kristan Reed and Larry Chase
Accessing the course content
This is course offered online through Moodle, an online interface that organizes course content by week and can be accessed whenever is convenient to the participant. Each week consists of pre-recorded video lectures to view online and additional supplemental electronic materials that may be downloaded. There are no additional required assignments or exams.
Continuing Education Credits
This course has been approved for a maximum of 1.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from the Cornell School of Continuing Education. Upon completion of all sessions, you may receive a certificate. For more information, contact Heather Darrow at hh96 [at] cornell.edu.
For More Information
If you experience any issues logging into Moodle, viewing videos or other technical errors, please contact us at email@example.com.
- (607) 255-4478
- hh96 [at] cornell.edu