From Agriculture to Food Processing and Packaging to Retail
Companies from across the food value chain, from Agriculture to Food Processing and Packaging to Retail are joining Cornell Institute for Food System’s Industry Partnership Program (CIFS-IPP) to gain access to a series of benefits, research opportunities and services to give themselves an edge in the otherwise very competitive food industry. By engaging with Cornell University faculty (in particular, the CIFS Faculty Fellows), as well as peers throughout the food industry, corporate members have the opportunity to be part of a multidisciplinary network focused on solving food systems challenges from a variety of perspectives.
CIFS-IPP offers its Members and Affiliate Members opportunities to:
- establish and foster research and educational collaborations between leading university and industry scientists;
- participate in forums for networking and collaboration between industrial research scientists, business leaders, and Cornell faculty
- facilitate the translation of cutting-edge food research from academia to industry; and
- provide opportunities for industrial research scientists to engage with Cornell students and build a talent pipeline.
CIFS-IPP Members and Affiliates:
- receive invitations to the CIFS Annual Symposium and other events to learn about cutting-edge research and emerging technologies currently being pursued by Cornell faculty and their graduate students;
- receive monthly news updates as well as early notification of new collaborative research opportunities;
- engage with 200+ Cornell students in food systems disciplines to build a robust and diverse talent pipeline;
- receive priority access to Food Science processing facilities and services;
- receive facilitated access to Cornell faculty, in person or via Zoom, to address their company’s scientific and technical needs;
- receive recognition of their support via the CIFS-IPP website, printed materials as well as logo displays in Stocking Hall; and
- network with world-renowned food science scholars and other industry leaders to form partnerships with representatives from many of the world’s premiere food and beverage companies.
Managing Director, Cornell Institute for Food Systems-Industry Partnership Program
Department of Food Science, Stocking Hall 110F
411 Tower Road, Ithaca, NY 14853
Tel: 607-255-0860 Email: ra283 [at] cornell.edu