From Agriculture to Food Processing and Packaging to Retail
Companies from across the food value chain, from Agriculture to Food Processing and Packaging to Retail are joining Cornell Institute for Food System’s Industry Partnership Program (CIFS-IPP) to gain access to a series of benefits, research opportunities and services to give themselves an edge in the otherwise very competitive food industry. By engaging with Cornell University faculty, staff, and students, as well as your peers throughout the food industry, corporate members have the opportunity to be part of a multidisciplinary network focused on solving food systems challenges from a variety of perspectives.
CIFS-IPP offers its Members and Affiliate Members opportunities to:
- Establish and foster research and educational collaborations between leading university and industry scientists;
- Participate in forums for networking and collaboration between industrial research scientists, business leaders, and Cornell faculty
- Facilitate the translation of cutting-edge food research from academia to industry; and
- Provide opportunities for industrial research scientists to engage with Cornell students and build a talent pipeline.
CIFS-IPP Members and Affiliates:
- Attend the Annual Symposium and other events to learn about cutting-edge research and emerging technologies currently being pursued by faculty and their graduate students;
- Receive quarterly communication of government/foundation/non-profit Current Research Projects and early notification for auxiliary research opportunities (e.g., companies may propose an add-on to an existing research project to gain research knowledge specific to your company’s needs);
- Engage with 200+ Cornell students to build a Talent Pipeline;
- Receive Priority Access to Food Science processing facilities and services;
- Receive Company Recognition with your logo added to the CIFS-IPP website and printed materials as well as displayed in Stocking Hall;
- Network with world-renowned food science scholars and other industry leaders and form partnerships with representatives from many of the world’s premiere food and beverage companies.
CIFS-IPP Members are also able to:
- Priority access to Cornell faculty, in person or via Zoom, to address your company’s technical needs;
- Invite a Cornell faculty member to visit and/or give a talk at your facility (in-person visits not available 2020);
- Submit a Proposal for a short-term literature search or research-based project to be completed by a Cornell Food Science student (research-based projects may require supplies fees)
For more information on benefits and membership levels (including fees), please contact Rajni Aneja