As we each look to recover from the impacts of COVID-19 and prepare for potentially similar outbreaks in the future, there are many questions around the risks associated with food production and to our employees to ensure that a safe and robust food supply is maintained for the public. Below you can find useful links to expert resources to help address your questions.
The US government has created a COVID-19 Toolkit specific to your community with all the resources you need to keep yourself and others safe from COVID-19.
COVID-19 Rapid Response Project
The Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Safety (FSIL) initiated the COVID-19 Rapid Response Project to address COVID-19 related food safety and food security challenges in five target countries (Bangladesh, Cambodia, Kenya, Nepal, and Senegal). Although this project ended in June 2021, many of the resources developed can still be accessed from the links below.
- Learn more about the COVID-19 Rapid Response Project
- Case Study: Supporting the Food Industry in Nepal
Translated Resources by Country
Video FAQs International Series
The IFS@CU has created a series of FAQ videos called COVID-19 is Not Foodborne (multiple languages available).
Selected COVID-19 Global Resources
- USAID | Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- CDC | COVID-19 Global Response
- WHO | Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic
- WHO | Nutrition and Food Safety (NFS) and COVID-19
- United Nations | UN COVID-19 Response
- FAO | Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- FAO | Guidance for preventing transmission within food businesses
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation | Global response to COVID-19
- CSSE at Johns Hopkins University | COVID-19 Dashboard
- IFPRI | COVID-19 and Global Food Security Report
The COVID-19 pandemic has rocked the US food supply. In particular, the labor-intensive food processing and produce growing companies have been hit hard demonstrating how sensitive these parts of the supply chain are to disruptions like this pandemic. To improve resilience of the food supply chain to COVID-19 and to support operational decisions of food companies in terms of optimal COVID-19 mitigation strategies, we have developed a simulation-based decision support tool called “Find CoV Control.”
This work is supported by USDA NIFA AFRI Grant NO:2020-68006-32875/ Accession no. 1024254 from the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture. Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed on this website are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the USDA.