2018 marked the beginning of the CALS OEH chemical inventory for chemicals and cylinders stored in CALS Facilities.
The Department of Homeland Security, Building and Fire Codes and the City of Ithaca require these inventories. They are also beneficial to lab managers and PI's. Inventories are kept current through direct support to laboratories and the engagement of the research community.
We are utilizing the Vertere Chemical Inventory Management System, for which the University already holds a license. Once your building has been brought into the Chemical Management system:
- your inventory will be electronic, current and downloadable
- you can search for chemicals for repurposing/sharing with other research groups
- Classification data exists for most chemicals in the system. We are currently working on classifying those remaining non-rated items.
- Renovations and other projects can move forward more quickly since the chemical information for the building is readily available.
Cornell Biological Field Station (CBFS)
Cornell Lake Erie Research and Extension Laboratory (CLEREL)
Hudson Valley Research Laboratory (HVRL)
Kenneth Post Laboratories (KPL)
Long Island Horticultural Research & Extension Center (LIHREC)
Resource Ecology & Management Building (REM)
Contact CALS OEH
416 Kennedy Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
- cals-chemicals [at] cornell.edu (cals-chemicals[at]cornell[dot]edu)