NYSAES VoIP Phone System Information
The ShoreTel phone system is a Voice over IP (VoIP) unified communications system. The NYSAES will be adopting a new ShoreTel (VOIP) system in January, 2017. A message from the Director can be viewed here.
Schedule & Training
- 1/10-12/2017 - Training will be provided by our vendor the week before our new phone system cutover. Training sessions will be available on January 10, 11, & 12 at 9:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 3:00 p.m. each day. Training sessions will be 1 hour long.
- 1/13/2017 - Cutover begins at 4 p.m..
- 1/17/2017 - New phone system goes live for station.
- 1/21-25/2017 - Additional training sessions on January 24 & 25 at 9:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m..
The guides below should answer most questions regarding your new phone. If you still need assistance please open a ticket at help.cals.cornell.edu
- ShoreTel Voicemail
- ShoreTel Reference Information
- ShoreTel Video Guides
- Skype for Business Integration
From your phone - Press Voicemail key, enter password and press # or OK.
From off campus - Dial 315-787-2500 and follow the instructions.
From another phone on campus - Press #, wait for prompt and press # again. Enter extension, enter password, and press #.
Voicemail to E-mail - The voicemail to email feature will be automatically enabled on your phone. This feature allows voicemail messages to be forwarded to your email account. Voicemails will be sent to your Cornell (or USDA) email address. To modify this setting please contact CALS IT.
You can find more information on using the new ShoreTel voicemail system in the ShoreTel Voicemail Quick Reference Guide (PDF).
- ShoreTel 480g Quick Reference Sheet (PDF) - A quick reference sheet (2-pages) on using your ShoreTel 480g phone.
- ShoreTel Voicemail Quick Reference Guide (PDF) - A quick reference sheet for using voicemail on your ShoreTel phone.
- ShoreTel 480g User Guide (PDF) - User Guide for using your ShoreTel 480g phone.
Once the main campus has Skype for Business integration available our ShorTel phone system will offer a full suite of unified communication tools. These include fully functioning soft clients for your computer and mobile apps for your smart phone or tablet.