Budget & Finance
The Office of Budget and Finance resides within Cornell University's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS), in the Office of Finance and Administration. Our mission is to develop an efficient means of managing and supporting the budgeting process for CALS administration, academic departments, labs, centers and institutes.
By streamlining the budgeting process, the Office of Budget and Finance seeks to unify all of its programs, while providing CALS with a budgeting process that works to effectively allocate funds and ensure success. By providing superlative service and services to the CALS community, the Office of Budget and Finance is one of the pillars supporting the college in realizing its goals.
- Responsible for Capital Budget Analysis and Reporting
- Maintain capital / startup commitment tracking system for all CALS departments
- Present the Dean's Revenue Analysis
- Direct and Manage the specific fund allocations to departments within CALS
- Direct state appropriations to the proper departments within CALS
- Responsible for Trustee's & Thirdly Budget Reporting
- Presents the Dean's financial plan
- Responsible for Budget System Interface
- Carry out specific research development projects
- Perform academic and fiscal reporting
- Oversee and administrate the Activity Insight system
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact map86 [at] cornell.edu (Mark Pluchino) or cjs3445 [at] cornell.edu (Chris Savino).
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.