Reserving Space at 570 Lexington Ave. in New York City
Welcome to the CALS reservation page for space within the New York City 570 Lexington Avenue space in midtown Manhattan in the historic RCA Victor Building. These instructions are for CALS faculty and staff only.
CALS currently rents two cubicle spaces within a shared office space with other Cornell entities on the 11th floor of the building at 570 Lexington Avenue.
- The cubicles are on the left side of the 11th floor
- Cubicles do not have desk phones.
To Reserve Cubicle Space
Reservations can be made via Outlook. You can reach the page by clicking on your Outlook calendar, selecting “New Meeting” from the toolbar at the top, and then selecting your date and time. Once that is completed, select “Scheduling Assistant” from the toolbar at the top of the page. Along the left side of the scheduling assistant, you will see a button for “Add Rooms” – once that button is selected, a list of all the reservable rooms in Outlook will populate.
In the search bar type in “570” and the two CALS options should be visible:
“570 Lexington Avenue NYC 1107-5” and “570 Lexington Avenue NYC 1107-6” Those cubicles are identical.
Once you have selected the cubicle of interest, toggle back to “Appointment” in the top toolbar by clicking “Appointment” – Add the subject of your meeting and click send to reserve it. Your reservation is tentative until it is confirmed in a follow-up email by the reservation staff.
- Standard building hours are 8:00 a.m–5:00 p.m.
- There is one black and white and one color copier.
- The building has Eduroam Wi-Fi so anyone with a standard Cornell computer setup will connect automatically. Others will need to establish a connection to the Cornell Guest Login ID.
- All visitors to the 11th floor must send an email to Edward Martinez (em244 [at] cornell.edu) 48 hours prior to arriving at 570 Lexington that includes their name, email address and the time they expect to arrive and how many hours/days they plan to stay in the CALS workspaces.
- All visitors to the 11th floor will need to check in with lobby security upon arrival and show a picture ID. Visitors then need to check in with Cornell security on the 12th floor and explain who they are and where they are going on the 11th floor.
- Conference rooms and phone rooms are available on the same floor - The ILR School has posted the Space Use policy and procedures that govern the space, as well as details on scheduling meeting and phone rooms.
Contact the CALS Deans office: at calsdean [at] cornell.edu or 607-255-2241.