Tenure-track Reappointment and Promotion
The following information is intended to serve as a resource to guide the reappointment, promotion, and tenure (RPT) processes in CALS. The Senior Associate Deans in the college are responsible for administering the process and are available to assist.
The materials regarding CALS professorial reappointment, promotion, and tenure (RPT) are gathered and sent by your unit to your Senior Associate Dean via the Interfolio RPT tool. The Interfolio RPT tool mirrors the the processes outlined in the guideline documentation below. Reference CALS OIT's Interfolio RPT resource page for training and support information. Please work with your Senior Associate Deans' assistant if the Interfolio tool cannot be used in your unit.
- Login to CALS Interfolio RPT
- CALS Interfolio RPT Resource Page (including upcoming training sessions, guides, videos, training resources by role, workflow, CALS dossier tool, and support resources)
Timeline & Guidelines
- Guidelines for Reappointment to Assistant Professor
- Comparison of content (bookmarks) between Reappointment to Assistant Professor and Promotion/Tenure Dossiers
- Guidelines for Promotion to Associate Professor with Tenure and Tenure Only for Newly Hired Associate Professor and Professor
- A Short Guide to the Tenure Process from the Cornell Office of Faculty Development and Diversity
- Expectations of College Administration
- Packet Items for External Reviewers
- Ad Hoc Committee Guidelines - Promotion to Associate Professor with Tenure and Tenure Only for Newly-Hired Associate Professor and Professor
- PTP Standing Committee Guidelines - Promotion to Full Professor
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.