The following information guides the search and recruitment processes in CALS. The senior associate deans are responsible for administering the processes relating to professorial faculty and are available to assist.
Resources for tenure-track faculty searches
- Requesting the Position
- Search Committee Resources (items included in the "Red Folder" with Dean's discussion points for kick-off meeting and handouts), including the search guidelines and other college and university resources
- User's Guide for Academic Jobs Online
- Office of Faculty Development and Diversity Recruitment Site
Resources for finalizing tenure-track faculty searches
The following data elements must be completed in Academic Jobs Online (AJO): Dispositioning of Applicants, Applicant Disposition State, Interview Date, Availability %, Goals Information, Academic Discipline, etc. Once all the data elements are entered and the search is completed, please email your HR Rep the following information. Additional details on closing a search are in this Word document, Academic Jobs Online - Closing a Search
- Workday Requisition Number
- AJO Job #
- Department Name
- Title of Hire
- Name of Hire
- Actual Start Date
- Snapshot of AJO Job (with all applicants)
- EEO/EOE Data (this will be in the snapshot but please send as a separate document)
[Note: as of July 2018, the ACSS form is no longer required for searches conducted through AJO]
Household relocation funds will be given to eligible faculty hires as a taxable lump sum payment received in their first paycheck. The new hire can use household relocation funds to self-move or to hire a moving company as they see fit, with no expectations to save receipts.
Lab/office moves are paid from startup funds and must be coordinated with the hiring department.
If the new faculty member would like support for moving, Cornell University has an agreement with Coldwell Banker Relocation Services for residential and/or lab/office moves. The contact is Diane Olsen, reloauthorizations [at] nemoves.com.
Coldwell Banker Relocation Services (CBRS) also provides real estate services and information about the Ithaca area such as a free area tour in Ithaca/Geneva; contact can be initiated with the CBRS request form, available on the Division of Human Resources website.
To initiate an inquiry about laboratory moves with CBRS, please use the “notes” box on the CBRS request form to request information about the process, for which CBRS contracts with Relocation Management Resources. CBRS can be used for a residential relocation, a laboratory move, or both.
Other Cornell approved moving companies which can be contacted for competitive pricing can be found on the Division of Financial Affairs website.
- Moving and Relocation - Additional University Information (including taxable reimbursement considerations)
Resources for hiring at other ranks
- Offer Letter Template for Professors of the Practice
- Offer Letter Template for Research Professors
- Offer Letter Template for Postdoctoral Associates/Fellows
- Offer Letter Template for Paid Academics (excluding Postdoctoral Associates)
- Offer Letter Template for Unpaid Academics (excluding Postdoctoral Fellows)
We openly share valuable knowledge.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.