The following information guides the search and recruitment processes in CALS. The senior associate deans are responsible for administering the processes relating to professorial faculty and are available to assist.
Resources for tenure-track faculty searches
- Requesting the Position
- Search Committee Resources (items included in the "Red Folder" with Dean's discussion points for kick-off meeting and handouts), including the search guidelines and other college and university resources
- User's Guide for Academic Jobs Online
- Office of Faculty Development and Diversity Recruitment Site
Resources for finalizing tenure-track faculty searches
- Offer Letter Template for Tenure-Track Professorial Faculty
- Streamlined Process Memo [for new hires with tenure at previous institution; faculty vote for hire and tenure prior to offer]
- AJO Rejection Letter Template
The following data elements must be completed in Academic Jobs Online (AJO): Dispositioning of Applicants, Applicant Disposition State, Interview Date, Availability %, Goals Information, Academic Discipline, etc. Once all the data elements are entered and the search is completed, please email your HR Rep the following information. Additional details on closing a search are in this Word document, Academic Jobs Online - Closing a Search
- Workday Requisition Number
- AJO Job #
- Department Name
- Title of Hire
- Name of Hire
- Actual Start Date
- Snapshot of AJO Job (with all applicants)
- EEO/EOE Data (this will be in the snapshot but please send as a separate document)
[Note: as of July 2018, the ACSS form is no longer required for searches conducted through AJO]
Household Relocation vs. Lab/Office Relocation
CALS uses a lump sum payment which is detailed in the offer letter for relocation of household goods.
Relocation of lab/office goods is funded by startup and managed by the dept admin manager: Household Move FAQ for New Hires
Resources for hiring at other ranks
- Offer Letter Template for Professors of the Practice
- Offer Letter Template for Research Professors
- Offer Letter Template for Postdoctoral Associates/Fellows
- Offer Letter Template for Paid Academics (excluding Postdoctoral Associates)
- Offer Letter Template for Unpaid Academics (excluding Postdoctoral Fellows)
We openly share valuable knowledge.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.