Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Program
The Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Program (MBG-REU), titled “Molecular Biology and Genetics of Cell Signaling”, is an NSF-funded, ten-week summer program with a strong focus on diversity. The program aims to provide cutting edge summer research training experiences for ten undergraduates in the broadly defined area of cell signaling. Through intensive research and a series of organized activities, participants will be exposed to world-class research environments with the aim of broadening their understanding and appreciation of research (please see a story featuring our program here). Participants will also have opportunities to interact with other undergraduate and graduate students at Cornell, and enjoy the beautiful scenery and waterfalls in Ithaca, New York.
- Applicants must be current undergraduates who will not graduate before August 2023.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Selection is based on academic standing and faculty recommendations.
- Minority, women, and 1st generation college students are encouraged to apply.
The program will provide
- A summer stipend of $6,000
- On-campus housing
- A meal allowance
- A budget for travel to and from Ithaca
- A bus pass for transportation on campus and into town.
Because the REU experience is an intensive ten-week program, REU participants are not allowed to take classes during the program.
06/05/2023 - 08/11/2023
12/01/2022 - 02/05/2023
REU Email Contact:
mbgreu [at] cornell.edu