Bring Your Own Device
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Support
Current support for BYOD (personally-owned) systems includes the following Cornell services. You can use them on personally-owned devices and if need be we can help you install or connect. To get help, please submit an IT support ticket.
- Connect to wireless
- Connect to Outlook web app
- Connect to VPN
- Connect to file shares
- Connect to printers in your department
- Connect to printers elsewhere on campus
- Configure Remote Desktop to access your on-campus computer from elsewhere
- Install Antivirus
There is no free home use license under Cornell’s current contract, CIT recommends the following free options:
- Install MS Office 365 Pro Plus
- Backup your computer (requires a Cornell account number at this time)
- Help meet requirements (pin, lock and wipe) and recommendations for mobile devices
- Ad-hoc Data Backup to your device, upon request and if data is accessible
- Provide contact information for manufacturer/vendor for hardware support
- Provide contact information for manufacturer/vendor for software and driver support
- 15-20 minutes of walk-in consultation/advice as time allows
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.