Tenure-Track Position Requests
Tenure-track faculty position requests are solicited by CALS as part of the annual reporting process each spring. The college leadership reviews the requests at their annual retreat; July is the target month for communicating decisions to the unit’s chair or director.
The criteria used in this process include the following:
- Failed searches continue; however, search plans and position descriptions must be reconsidered, i.e., requests are revised and resubmitted to the SrADs for approval;
- Endowed professorships are likely to be approved;
- Vacancies created by failed tenure or reappointment decisions are given priority consideration; a thoughtful analysis should occur to determine whether the vacated position should be reconfigured to fit better with the unit’s evolving strategic vision and college priorities;
- The position’s fit with the unit’s strategic plan as well as college and university priorities must be clear;
- Faculty lines of past and projected retirements and departures may be strategically reallocated by the college; and
- The college’s financial projections will be considered carefully.
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.