Select among different diagnostic traits to identify common weeds impacting managed landscapes. Includes control strategies for each weed that comply with the NYS Child Safe Playing Fields Act.
ID resources based on crops grown by N.Y. farmers: Field crops, vegetables, fruit trees and berry crops. Also, weed ID tools including grass identification, mustards, spring rosettes, harmful weeds.
2nd edition now available from Cornell University Press, a lavishly illustrated manual for ready identification of 500 common and economically important weeds in the Northeast, Upper Midwest and Mid-Atlantic states based on vegetative characteristics.
More ID resources
- Weed profiles - Identification and management of 63 weeds from the 416-page USDA-SARE book, Manage Weeds on Your Farm
- Pigweed identification - From Lynn Sosnoskie, Horticulture Section, Cornell AgriTech
- Bindweed identification - From Lynn Sosnoskie, Horticulture Section, Cornell AgriTech
- Horseweed vs. Goldenrod - From Bryan Brown, NYSIPM
- View Toni DiTommaso's Mann Library 'Chat's in the Stacks' talk about Weeds of the Northeast.