- Herd size and total milk production increased by 3 percent
- Hired labor costs per worker equivalent increased by 6.4 percent
- Milk sold per worker increased 0.6 percent
- Total farm operating costs increased 18 percent
- Total cost of producing milk increased 19 percent
- Gross milk price increased by 37 percent
- Rate of return on all capital without appreciation equals 11.6 percent
PRO-DAIRY is a nationally recognized extension and applied research leader serving dairy farms for more than 30 years.
We openly share valuable knowledge.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.