Submit CALS News
Share your news with our team! We tell stories about CALS research, education and outreach — including peer-reviewed publications, grants and other awards, as well as how the work of our faculty, staff and students has a meaningful impact on local, national and international communities.
Our team will consider your ideas for potential story development and amplification via both internal and external communication outlets — including newsletters, the CALS Newsroom, the Cornell Chronicle, The CALS Magazine, Cornell media relations and relevant social media channels.
Cornell employees can submit their ideas for both news stories and newsletter announcements via our intake form below. Alumni and other community members can email us at cals-comm [at] cornell.edu with your name, email, phone number and a description of the news you wish to share.
Additional guidelines for the types of stories we highlight appear below the submission form, and we invite you to review them to make sure we receive the most salient details. Please ensure accuracy of your submitted details as they will be published as submitted.
To reach CALS faculty and staff
The CALS Faculty/Staff Newsletter is distributed via email on the second and fourth Thursdays of the month during the academic year. We welcome submissions from all CALS faculty and staff, and we ask that you please review the guidelines on this page before completing the submission form.
For potential inclusion in the next newsletter, please share your ideas by noon on the second and fourth Mondays of the month. Submissions received after this deadline will be considered for a later issue, if appropriate.
We use the following criteria to choose news that will engage and inspire our audiences.
These stories appear in the CALS Newsroom and/or the Cornell Chronicle. They must be:
- Showcase a unique aspect of our research, teaching or outreach
- Highlight the impact of the members of our CALS community
- Of general interest to a broad audience
Features CALS and/or CALS-affiliated faculty and staff, including:
- Prominent awards related the person's field of expertise
- University-wide recognition
- Share general information or resources accessible to all CALS faculty and staff
- Include a link to a dedicated webpage or to the Cornell University online events calendar where additional details can be found
*If you would like your event to be featured more than once, please submit the event at least four weeks in advance and include your request in the “additional information” area of the submission form. We will try to honor these requests; however, please note that repeated inclusion is also contingent on available space.
- Appears in a high-ranking, external media outlet
- Features a direct quote or additional details provided by a CALS-affiliated faculty or staff member
- Link provides full access to the article (content cannot be behind a paywall)
Email cals-comm [at] cornell.edu with your name, email and phone number.
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.