Submit CALS News
Want to let our team know about a big grant, published research, new thought leadership or other accomplishments for further amplification? Cornell employees can submit their news items via our intake form. Alumni and others can email us at cals-comm [at] cornell.edu with your name, email and phone number.
Our team will consider your news item for a potential story, video, press release, or a mention in a future college newsletter or magazine issue. We will also notify appropriate Cornell University partners for further amplification via media relations, the Cornell Chronicle, Ezra magazine, and Cornell social media.
To reach CALS faculty and staff
The CALS Faculty/Staff News goes out via email every other Thursday throughout the academic year. We welcome content submissions from CALS faculty and staff for possible inclusion in the newsletter. Before submitting your item, please review the guidelines on this page.
Please submit your news item above by the Monday at noon before for potential inclusion in the newsletter. Submissions received after the deadline will be considered for a future issue, if appropriate.
We use the following criteria to choose content that will engage our the audiences of our various channels.
Stories we write on behalf of the college. These stories:
- Represent the breadth and depth of CALS academic and program areas
- Are timely
- Show our impact as a college
- Are relevant and accessible to CALS faculty and staff
Announcements and Kudos
Features CALS and/or CALS-affiliated faculty and staff, including:
- Staff and faculty recognition
- Relevant news and information helpful for CALS faculty and staff
- Have broad appeal or subject-matter relevance to CALS faculty and staff
- Need to first be posted to the Cornell University online events calendar or have a dedicated webpage for consideration
Events that are submitted by the deadline and meet the criteria above will run at least once in the issue prior to the event date. If you would like your event to be featured more than once, you must submit the event at least 4 weeks in advance and include your request in the “additional information” area of the submission form. We will try to honor these requests; however, please note the inclusion of submitted events more than once is subject to space availability.
In the Media
- Features CALS and/or CALS-affiliated faculty and staff
- Represents the breadth and depth of CALS academic and program areas
- Appears in high-value external media outlets
- Provides access to the full article (content cannot be behind a paywall)
Email cals-comm [at] cornell.edu with your name, email, phone number.
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.