The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Ambassadors are dedicated student representatives of CALS. This selective, student-run organization works closely with the CALS Admissions Office, serving as liaisons between the College and the prospective student community. Our goal is to provide prospective students and their families with genuine student perspectives on CALS and Cornell.
Events and Activities
CALS Ambassadors participate in a variety of events and activities throughout the year including:
- Fall (First-Year & Transfer) and Spring (FYSA & Transfer) Orientation
- CALS Information Sessions
- Prospective student lunches and tours
- Cornell Days
- Greeting admitted students and their families
- Participating on panels with Faculty members and Student Services staff
- Leading CALS highlight tours
- Diversity Hosting program activities
- Email outreach to prospective and admitted students
- CALS social media features
CALS Ambassadors take part in multiple leadership opportunities including:
- Serving on the CALS Ambassadors Steering Committee
- Serving on Dean Boor’s Student Advisory Council
- Representing the CALS student body at College and University-wide events
- Opportunities working with the CALS Marketing and Communications office
- Opportunities working with CALS Alumni
- Opportunities working with the Cornell Undergraduate Admissions office
CALS Ambassadors Steering Committee
Morgan England & Meredith Liu
Transfer Outreach Lead
Danny Maher & Katie Thorsberg
Social Media Lead
Erin Treat, et335 [at] cornell.edu
Please calsambassadors [at] cornell.edu (contact us) if you have questions about the CALS Ambassadors organization.
Become a CALS Ambassador
What kind of time commitment is involved?
As with most aspects of Cornell, it’s what you make of it. All Ambassadors must initially attend a mandatory training and then one general body meeting per semester. Participation in at least six events/activities per calendar year is required; however, many students choose to go above and beyond this minimum. We understand and respect that due to class schedules and other commitments, there may be times that participating in Ambassador events/activities will not be possible.
Who can apply?
Any current CALS student is eligible. We strongly encourage freshman, sophomore and new transfer students to apply to become CALS Ambassadors.
When can I apply?
New CALS Ambassadors are selected at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters (freshman students should apply during the spring semester only). Information is posted on Chatter and an email announcement is sent to all current CALS students when each application cycle commences.
What does the application process entail?
- Interested students need to complete and submit an online application.
- Group interviews are conducted.
- Students will be notified if they have been selected.
- New members must attend a mandatory training in order to participate in Ambassador events/activities.