Community members from across the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences gathered with friends and family Oct. 30 to celebrate the 14th annual Research, Extension and Staff Awards. The awards observe important and far-reaching achievements of CALS faculty and staff, who are nominated for continuously surpassing expectations and making significant, unique contributions to the college.
Praised for a range of accomplishments that support the college's mission to tackle the world’s complex challenges through purpose-driven science, the awardees were honored for their work improving the lives of people, their environments and their communities in New York state and around the world.
Kathryn J. Boor '80, the Ronald P. Lynch Dean of CALS, presented the awards to 24 recipients in 15 categories.
Research and extension awards
Outstanding accomplishments in science and public policy
Outstanding accomplishments in research
Outstanding accomplishments in extension/outreach (team)
- Cornell Pollinator Health Team
- Bryan Danforth, professor in the Department of Entomology
- Jennifer Grant, senior extension associate and director of the NYS Integrated Pest Management Program
- Professor Scott McArt, assistant professor in the Department of Entomology
- Emma Mullen, extension associate
- Maria van Dyke, outreach specialist
- Mary Kate Wheeler, a research aide
- Dan Wixted, extension support specialist
Outstanding accomplishments in extension/outreach (individual)
Early achievement award
- Ron Butler, professor in the Department of Animal Science
- Charles Linn, senior research associate in the Department of Entomology
Core value staff awards
- Mary-Catherine French, administrative assistant in the Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management
- Dairy Management Group and PRO-DAIRY Team
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.