What You Need to Know
This two-dairy virtual conference has gathered dairy industry experts to shed light on what “getting to net zero” means for dairy producers.
Join us if you are:
- curious about what getting to “Net Zero” means for dairy farmers and why it’s being talked about so much.
- interested in the facts around dairy cattle and greenhouse gases.
- looking to learn about current and future farm practices and technology that can be used to reduce greenhouse gases?
- wondering where you’ll find the time to attend a conference or workshop?
Registration is free thanks to the generous support of our sponsors.
Date & Time
February 2, 2022 - February 3, 2022
12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Wednesday, February 2, 2022
- U.S. Dairy Net Zero Initiative: Building a Roadmap to 2050 – Karen Scanlon, DMI
- Cattle and Climate Change – Frank Mitloehner, PhD
- Consumer Trends and Industry Sustainability – Sara Place, PhD
Thursday, February 3, 2022
- Management Practices for Managing Methane – Peter Wright
- Innovative Crop Strategies for Reducing or Sequestering GHG - Quirine Ketterings, PhD
- Nutritional Strategies for Reducing Greenhouse Gases- Tom Overton, PhD,
- Using Genetics to Impact Green House Gases –Christine Baes, PhD or Research Associate.
- Dairy Producer and Industry Panel
- Karen Scanlon, EVP of Environmental Stewardship for Dairy Management Inc, and the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy
- Frank Mitloehner, PhD, Professor and Extension Specialist, Department of Animal Science, University of California at Davis
- Sara Place, PhD, Technical Consultant in Sustainability, Elanco
- Peter Wright, Agricultural Engineer, PRO-DAIRY, Cornell University
- Quirine Ketterings, PhD, Professor, Nutrient Management Spear Program, Department of Animal Science, Cornell University
- Tom Overton, PhD, Professor of Dairy Management, Chair of the Department of Animal Science at Cornell University
- Christine Baes, PhD, Associate Professor, Canada Research Chair in Livestock Genomics, University of Guelph
We appreciate the generous support of our industry sponsors.
- ASAP Interiors
- CHR HANSEN
- Dairy Herd Management Services
- Farm Credit East
- Feedworks USA
- Keseca Veterinary Clinic
- Lutz Feed
- Perry Vet Clinic
More information about this event.
- kfb3 [at] cornell.edu
The PRO-DAIRY mission is to facilitate New York state economic development by increasing the competitiveness and sustainability of New York's dairy farm businesses through industry-applied research and educational programs that enhance farm profitability, while advancing dairy producers and agribusiness professionals' knowledge, skills and enthusiasm.
We openly share valuable knowledge.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.