Academic Integrity Hearing Board
- Debbie Cherney ('21)
- Scott Peters ('23)
- Susan Quirk ('22)
- Dawn Schrader - Chair, designated by the CALS Dean
- Erica Ostermann - ex officio, secretary and record keeper
- Atif Akhter
- Narda Bondah
- Jacob Feit
- Yunjie Liu
- Jessica Nardulli
- Spencer Pettee
- Alejandro Schmieder
- Avery Voehl
Chair, designated by the Dean, three members elected at large from CALS faculty, six - ten student members appointed by the Associate Dean and Director of Academic Programs, the Associate Director of Advising and Diversity Support and ex offcio member who serves as college record keeper and secretary.
Length of Term
- Faculty - three years
- Students - one year
- Faculty members are responsible for both the maintenance of academic integrity throughout the educational process and the instruction of students in the meaning and importance of this concept. Student in each course should be informed at the beginning of each semester about forms of collaboration that are and are not encouraged or permitted in that course. Deliberate fraud by a student to advance his or her academic status usually merits a penalty of some severity. These cases are governed by the Code of Academic Integrity.
- The Academic Integrity Handbook was prepared to provide faculty and others involved in the instructional program with an explanation of the academic integrity system. Various informational tools prepared for students and faculty are available online at The University Faculty: Academic Integrity.
- The Cornell Law School and the College of Veterinary Medicine have honor codes that provide the means to monitor academic integrity within their own units. These schools have therefore been granted exemption from the rules of the University code.
- The College of Academic Integrity Hearing Board hears cases referred for severity, for second infraction, and appeals of charges of academic integrity. This Committee meets on an occasional as-needed basis.
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.