Gain new perspectives
Visiting Student status is a non-degree program that is extended to a limited number of students who desire instruction in selected CALS courses in order to update current knowledge or to prepare for employment.
Who is eligible?
- Students currently enrolled in a four-year program who wish to attend the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences for one or two semesters and then return to their "home" institution may apply for Visiting Student status.
- Occasionally, students who have already earned a degree, but want further undergraduate course work, may also be admitted.
How to apply as a visiting students
All applications should include:
- A list of all courses the student wishes to take.
- All forms required of regular transfer applicants: including high school and college transcripts.
- Evidence of recent work or academic experience that qualifies the student for his/her intended special studies.
- Written affirmation that credits earned at Cornell will be accepted toward a degree at the “home” college.
Visiting student guidelines
Upon approval for admission, Visiting Students must plan their studies within the following guidelines:
- Students must carry at least 12 credit hours of courses each semester. Two-thirds must be taken within the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
- Visiting Student status is normally offered for one or two semesters.
- Transfer into a CALS degree program is sometimes possible for Visiting Students whose records are considerably better than average.
- Visiting students pay regular tuition and fees; however, no financial aid is available.
CALS also hosts a limited number of visiting international students exclusively from our exchange partner universities. Applications are limited to students directly nominated by the partner institution.
Questions? Contact us.
CALS Undergraduate Admissions
177 Roberts Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
cals_admissions [at] cornell.edu
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.