Effective Date of Privacy Notice
The privacy notice was last revised on June 19, 2019.
CCE collects two types of information from users: information provided by the user to receive requested information and/or services, and information passively collected upon a user’s visit to our website.
Passively Collected Information
Our websites automatically gather anonymous information about our visitors including IP addresses, browser types, and the times and dates of webpage visits. The information collected does not include any personally identifiable details and is used to improve our services and administer our websites.
Information that is collected will be retained for an unlimited period of time or until a right of erasure request is issued. Please contact gdpr [at] cornell.edu for all questions regarding the European Union’s (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Please note that electronic communication is not guaranteed to be secure against interception and do not send confidential data by email or web form.
Information Provided by the User
Users may provide CCE with non-personally and personally identifiable information to utilize certain services and retrieve information. Such instances may not be noticeable to the user and include, but are not limited to: filling out surveys, completing registration information, and submitting certain online forms.
Use of Information
CCE uses information collected solely for internal purposes, such as part of enrollment in online courses or to see what pages are most frequently visited, to improve our website. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. We may share your information across departments within CCE or within Cornell University, as appropriate. We may release account information when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with law
- enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements or
- protect the rights, property or safety of CCE, any department or office affiliated with CCE, Cornell University, our users, or others.
Our website contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which CCE has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Special Notice for EU Residents
If you are located within the European Economic Area (European Union, Norway, Liechtenstein, and Iceland), we acknowledge the rights granted to you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These rights may include:
- Right to access your information held by us
- Right to correct inaccurate or incorrect information about you
- Right to the erasure of your information when it is no longer necessary for us to retain it
- Right to restrict processing of your personal information in specific situations
- Right to object to processing your information, including sending you communications that may be considered direct-marketing materials
- Right to object to automated decision-making and profiling, where applicable
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority in your jurisdiction within the EU
Please contact us with any questions, concerns, or if you wish to exercise any of these rights: cce-contact [at] cornell.edu
Contacting the Website
The full Cornell University Data Stewardship and Custodianship policy is available at: Cornell University Policy 4.12.