Market yourself in a unique and memorable way to employers attending the Make Your Mark Career Fair on February 28, 2017. Create a 2-3 minute CALS Talk! Use this creative way to showcase what you have to offer an organization.
Six students will be chosen to attend the employer networking breakfast with the option to present a live CALS Talk at the networking event.
February 16th Video Submission Deadline
In 2-3 minutes tell an employer who you are, what you do and what makes you unique! You can include key skills or achievements that are relevant to a particular role you seek or the ways that you might make your mark.
CALS Talk Suggested Outline:
- Decide on the main objective for your talk. Who are you? What’s your value added?
- What is your career passion or goal? What do you do?
- What makes you unique? What problems can you solve or how can you help people?
- Show or Tell. Share something you’ve created – real or an idea, a problem you’ve solved or people you’ve helped.
- Wrap it up. Give thanks.
- Do not give personal contact information such as email or phone numbers in your video. Instead provide the link to your LinkedIn Profile.
CALS Talk Video Guidelines:
- Once you’ve developed your ideas and content, practice out loud a few times before recording.
- Be sure to present yourself professionally. Potential employers are your audience!
- Use a phone, tablet, computer or the One Button Studio in Mann Library to record.
- Create a YouTube video and make it private so that it is only accessible to people who have the link.
- Complete the form below and include the link to your YouTube video by February 16, 2017.
Check out these sample videos for ideas:
Sample 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmG90ZB0vPY
Sample 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUpHvkil3pM
Sample 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYvlEGyZ9y8
Sample 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-_BfOzOcbw