Deciding to go to graduate or professional school in the health professions can be an exciting and challenging decision. There are many factors to consider before applying. Use online resources and have conversations with a career professional, advisor, faculty member as well as alumni to help you gain the information and insights you need.
Cornell Resources for Medical and Dental School
Cornell provides resources to assist you along the way to prepare for and apply to medical or dental school:
- Pre-Health Academic Preparation - a listing of what courses to consider and are required for medical and dental school.
- Preparing for Health Careers - this site will help answer questions about pre-health summer opportunities, bridge/gap year information, and other resources that can help you along your pre-health path.
- Internships in healthcare
- Pre-health summer opportunities
- Bridge/gap-year information
Cornell Resources for Veterinary School
If veterinary school is in your plans, then consider these helpful resources:
- Veterinary Medicine-Specific Resources and Required Courses - this site provides a listing of required courses to consider to prepare for vet school, pre-vet FAQs, and information about Cornell CVMVUs programs.
- CALS Pre-Vet Canvas Course - this tool is designed for pre-vet students think about items needed to address in the vet school application process
Pre-Health (medical and veterinary) E-mail List
To help provide information to students in all pre-health fields, Cornell provides an email list for you to join. This service will provide you periodic information about workshops, panel discussions, summer internships and opportunities, bridge/gap year programs and opportunities, and more. To join this email list, fill out this form on HPAC's website.
In Handshake, search for workshops and events available across the university on a variety of career related topics.
For additional career resources go to Experience.cornell.edu.