CALS Undergraduate Learning Outcomes
- Explain, evaluate, and effectively interpret factual claims, theories and assumptions in the student’s discipline(s) (especially in one or more of the college’s priority areas of land grant-agricultural sciences, applied social sciences, environmental sciences, and/or life sciences) and more broadly in the sciences and humanities
- Find, access, critically evaluate, and ethically use information
- Integrate quantitative and qualitative information to reach defensible and creative conclusions
- Communicate effectively through writing, speech, and visual information
- Respectfully articulate the views of people with diverse perspectives
- Demonstrate the capability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
- Apply concepts of sustainability to the analysis of one of more major challenges facing humans and the Earth’s resources.