SQF Quality Management Systems
This one-day course is intended for quality, technical, and managerial staff working in food manufacturing who seek to understand and differentiate between food safety management and quality management, and who are intending to implement the SQF Quality Code.
Attendees must have successfully completed examinable HACCP training and either Implementing SQF Systems training (minimum Edition 7) OR Auditing SQF Systems/Lead SQF Auditor training (minimum Edition 7).
This course will provide attendees with information in the key areas that are listed below:
- An understanding of the link between product quality and quality management principles
- Explain the product quality parameters within a food industry sector or facility
- Apply the HACCP method to monitor and control quality parameters
- Understand and apply the 'cost of quality' model within a facility
- Apply the PDCA cycle to improve quality outcomes
- Understand how quality management principles impact product quality and productivity
- Apply and improve quality management principles within a facility
The course does not include a final examination. Participants will be asked to evaluate the quality and structure of the course.
- Introduction and Learning Outcomes
- Determining Quality Parameters
- Establishing Monitoring Procedures
- Measuring and Controlling Quality using the HACCP Method
- Applying SPC in Food Manufacturing
- The SQF Quality Code: What the Auditor Is Looking For
- $750 flat fee
- $400 is included in a bundle with Implementing SQF Systems
- Enrollment is limited to the first 40 participants.
rdr10 [at] cornell.edu
- Live instructor-led video conference
- August 27, 2021