Leadership Skills for Success: Dairy & Food Processing Plant Front Line Supervisors
Is your supervisor or leaderships team growing or changing? Become an effective leader with the ability to develop productive relationships and ensure alignment and collaboration.
Master critical communication and leadership skills to effectively manage employees, establish priorities and delegate responsibilities while building awareness of team dynamics and how to engage employees through group problem-solving and decision making. Gain the commitment of others and add value to your organization by being clear about the results you want to achieve, the environment you want to create, and how you will develop and deploy talent. Become an effective leader with the ability to build relationships and manage workplace communications to be heard and understood by others while enhancing employee engagement and ensuring alignment and collaboration amongst members.
- Develop insight into the critical elements of high performing teams and how to identify individuals with the necessary behavioral characteristics that make up a well-balanced, highly effective work group.
- Identify the leadership values you would like to lead by and how to communicate these in an effort of creating true synergy amongst team members.
- Identify the importance of trust in the workplace and the role it plays in communication and teamwork.
- Assess unique ways in which people prefer to work by exploring different communication styles, the effects of your communication behaviors and how they influence others.
- Learn how to flex your work style to build and maintain productive relationships through impactful communication approaches from listening effectiveness to assessing and appropriately reacting to what you hear.
- Align the work of your team with the goals of the organization and leverage the individual strengths of those within the group through the exploration of successful delegation, time management, and prioritization techniques.
- Demonstrate assertive communication skills and how to maintain positive rapport during difficult conversations, as well as how emotions play a role in whether or not we can achieve a successful outcome.
- Explore conflict resolution techniques to reduce destructive workplace behavior while establishing better communication, stronger relationships amongst team members, and more outside the box thinking.
- Increase understanding of common employee issues that may have legal implications for the organization.
- Create a personalized leadership development plan which identifies strengths and unique contributions, the impact of self-improvement goals, and describes participant intentions as a leader.
This course does not include a test.
- Introduction, Why We Are Here
- Ice Breaker Activities
- Leadership Challenges and Skills/Characteristics
- Includes Exercise
- Establishing and Ensuring Trust in the Workplace
Identify the importance of trust in the workplace and the role it plays in communication and teamwork.
- Understanding Communication Styles
Learn the different behavioral styles of approaching work, communication and the importance of flexing to each other’s styles for more effective interactions.
- Influencing Through Effective Communication Strategies
Ensuring employee engagement, aligning and motivating the workforce, mentoring for career growth, and holding others accountable for their actions and results.
- Engaging in Feedback Conversations
Delivering high impact feedback and practicing assertive communication skills.
- Effective Delegation as a Leader
Align the work of your team with the goals of the organization and leverage the individual strengths of those within the group through the exploration of successful delegation techniques.
- Building Successful Teams
Explore the behavioral characteristics that make up a well-balanced, highly effective workgroup.
- Flat Tuition Fee: $850
Associate Director for Executive Education
ILR School, Cornell University
lc638 [at] cornell.edu (lc638[at]cornell[dot]edu)
- Instructor-led virtual course via Zoom
- Course date options:
September 13-15, 2023 (three 3-hour sessions)
September 10-12, 2024 (three 3-hour sessions)