Foreign Supplier Verification Programs
This course will fulfill the FDA Requirements for Foreign Supplier Verification Verification Programs through the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance and AFDO.
This course will provide participants with the knowledge to implement the requirements of the “Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP) for Importers of Food for Humans and Animals” regulation of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This regulation is one of a number of regulations and guidance that implement the provisions of the 2011 Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), which focuses on safe food practices. This course is designed for:
- U.S.‐based importers who meet the definition of “importer” in the FSVP rule, which includes those who own or are the consignee of food at the time of entry, or, if no owner or consignee exists, the U.S. agent or representative of the foreign owner.
- Others who have an interest in ensuring that the requirements of the FSVP rule are met, including brokers, exporters, foreign suppliers of food that will be exported to the U.S., persons/business owners who currently buy food from foreign sources, and representatives of foreign governments.
The FSVP curriculum was designed by regulatory, academia, and industry professionals and developed with funding from FDA as part of the FSPCA. In contrast to the Preventive Controls (PC) rules, the FSVP rule does not require you to attend a training program following a “standardized curriculum” recognized by FDA. Attending this course, however, will help you understand the FSVP requirements and how those requirements can be met in your particular circumstance.
These courses are taught by Lead Instructors trained by the FSPCA, who have been instructed on how to teach the FDA-recognized standardized curriculum.
- Introduction to FSVP
- Chapter 1: Context: FSMA and FSVP
- Chapter 2: Building the Foundation for the FSVP Process
- Chapter 3: Overview of Requirements
- Preventive Controls and Produce Safety Session
- Chapter 4: Hazard Analysis
- Chapter 5: Evaluation and Approval of Foreign Supplier
- Chapter 6: Foreign Supplier Verification
- Chapter 7: Re-Evaluation of Foreign Supplier Performance
- Chapter 8: Importer Identification
- Chapter 9: Importance of Records
- Chapter 10: FDA Oversight
- $725-$880 for in-state registrants
- $880-$1,100 for out-of-state registrants
- No dates scheduled at this time