Artisan Dairy Food Safety Coaching
This coaching workshop is intended for Artisan Cheese and Dairy Food Producers who are preparing to create, or are already developing, a Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) compliant, preventive control (PC)-based, food safety plan for their facility.
The goal of this workshop is to provide Food Safety Plan review and coaching sessions that guide attendees through each step in development process. Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) lead trainers will be present to review key food safety plan topics and after each section participants will split into groups and develop those sections of their food safety plan with coaching from the trainers. Templates (digital and paper) will be provided to facilitate plan development; attendees are encouraged to bring their current or in-progress plans.
Note: This course is NOT intended to provide PCQI certification, it is strongly recommended that attendees complete the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) PCQI certification course or similar program before attending this workshop. Attendees are also encouraged to enroll and complete the Food Safety for Artisan/Farmstead Cheesemakers prior to taking this workshop. The link, along with a code, to this online training will be provided upon registration.
- Workshop is limited to the first 20 registrants. Additional registrants will be added to a wait list and additional workshops scheduled as needed to meet demand.
- PCQI certification is a recommended (but not required) prior to enrollment
- Attendees should bring a plan to develop. Multiple products may be grouped under a single plan; please work with the course instructor (dairyfoodsafetycoach [at] cornell.edu) if you need assistance determining if products should be grouped or split.
- Attendees who wish to work on digital versions of their plans are encouraged to bring their own laptops.
Who Should Attend: Artisan cheese and dairy food producers just starting off, those taking the next step in their Food Safety Plan Development, and those looking for a review of their current plans.
This course was made possible through the support of a USDA grant, obtained in collaboration with North Carolina State University, University of Connecticut, and the Innovation Center for US Dairy.
- Dates and delivery mode TBD