Vineyard Mapping: Information about the new techniques and technologies available to map your vineyard. Provided by the Lake Erie Regional Grape Program.
Production & Research
- Comparative Programs for Arthropod, Disease and Weed Management in New York Organic Apples. (2017 Insects Journal)
- Managing Apple Crop Load and Diseases with Bloom Thinning Applications in an Organically Managed ‘Honeycrisp’/‘MM.111’ Orchard (2017 Hort Science Article)
- A Grower’s Guide to Organic Apples (2010, NYSIPM Program, 1.3 MB .pdf)
- Evaluation of Organic Pest Controls and Thinning on Multiple Apple Cultivars (2006 NYS IPM report)
- Evaluation of Pest Management Tactics for Organic Apple Production (2000, 54 kb pdf)
Integrated Pest Management
Tree fruit, grape, and berry crops benefit from implementing IPM—environmentally and economically sensible ways to protect crops from insects, plant diseases, weeds, and vertebrate pests. Below are resources developed to assist organic producers:
- NYS IPM Program for fruits
- Organic Production and IPM Guide for Blueberries
- Organic Production and IPM Guide for Grapes
- Organic Production and IPM Guide for Raspberries & Blackberries
- Organic Production and IPM Guide for Strawberries
- Resource Guide for Organic Insect and Disease Management
- Soil Solarization for Weed Control - Dr. Bryan Brown, NYSIPM Program video
- Effective Spraying with Backpack Sprayers for Organic Growers
- Effective Spraying with Boom Sprayers for Organic Growers
- Network for Environment and Weather Applications
- Spotted Wing Drosophila in Organic Berry Crops (from Michigan State University)
- Integrated Weed Management Practices for Controlling Unwanted Vegetation - article authored by Lynn M. Sosnoskie, Specialty Crop Weed Scientist, Horticulture
- Eastern NY Commercial Horticulture Program
- Lake Ontario Fruit Program
- Finger Lakes Grape Program
- Lake Erie Regional Grape Program
New York State Soil Health Initiative - Provides outreach materials and support practitioner training, field days, and soil health assessments on collaborating farms from all types of systems.
Cornell Soil Health Lab - Offers the Comprehensive Assessment of Soil Health which is designed for farmers, gardeners, agricultural service providers, landscape managers and researchers who want to go beyond simply testing the nutrient levels of their soils.
We openly share valuable knowledge.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.