Search for Jobs
- On the Cornell Cooperative Extension (CCE) Careers External Site, use the filter options on the left to help you find the position(s) that fit you best.
- Click on the Job Title to view Job Details such as Pay Rate Type, Location, Contact Name, etc.
- Once you find a position of interest, begin the application process by either creating a candidate account or signing into a previously created account.
Create a Candidate Account
The Candidate Account will allow you to view submitted applications and their status, as well as views to similar jobs. In addition, some data you already entered (contact, work experience, education, skills) will prepopulate when you apply to other jobs (as long as you are signed into your account prior to applying).
To create a Candidate Account:
- Go to the CCE External Career Site at https://cornell.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CCECareerPage
- Click Sign In then click Create Account
- Add your preferred e-mail address
- Enter and confirm a password (minimum of 8 characters, one capital letter, one number, and one special character, i.e. #@!$%)
- Click Create Account
- A verification e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address you entered. Navigate to your e-mail and click the included link to sign in to the Candidate Portal for the first time.
- Note: This verification and sign in to your new candidate account must be done before applying for a job posting.
Apply for a Job
- Click on a Job Title of interest, review the posting details, and then click on the Apply button to start the application process. Be sure to fill in all of the required fields noted with an asterisk and click the Next button to move to the next application screen.
- Note: If you have a LinkedIn Profile, you can click the Apply with LinkedIn button and your Contact Information, Experience, Education, and Skills should be imported into your application. Please carefully review all your information and update it as needed for your CCE application.
- Complete each of the following sections:
- My Information: Add or update your contact information and where you heard about Cornell Cooperative Extension Jobs
- My Experience: Add or update related information in each of the following sections: Work Experience; Education; Skills
- Note: You may wish to upload either a resume, cover letter or both. The job posting should also indicate if attaching a resume and/or cover letter would be required. Use the Select Files button to search for files or use the Drop Files Here box to drag documents into your application. If you plan to upload more than one document, please click the Upload icon for each additional document.
- Application Questions: Read each question carefully and then share your response.
- Voluntary Disclosures: To achieve our goal of a diverse and inclusive workforce, as well as to comply with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) reporting and other legal requirements, we request that you read and voluntarily share data including your race, gender and veteran status. Completion of these questions is completely voluntary and refusal to disclose this information will not affect consideration of your application.
- Self-Identification: Voluntarily share any self- identification of disabilities;
- Review: Carefully review your application and as needed, click the Back button to navigate to the applicable section(s) to make an edit.
- Note: Once the application is submitted you will not be able to change your submission or add attachments. Be sure that you have followed all directions and requirements listed in the job posting. You will still need to attach any documentation you want to include for each specific posting, as well as complete Questionnaires and the Self-Identification questions. This information is not saved or transferred to new applications.
- When you are ready, click Submit.
- What do I do if I need to add or change my application after it has been submitted? Please direct your questions or changes to the “Contact Name” listed in the job posting.
- Can I update my experience and provide different attachments for different position(s)? Yes, each application you supply is unique to the position.
- Do I need to fill in my experience AND attach my resume? It seems redundant? It is your choice, however, it is recommended that you supply both. The job posting should indicate if attaching a resume and/or cover letter would be required. If data is missing, Recruiters, Search Committee Members, Hiring Managers, and Interviewers may scan over or miss your application during the screening process.
- Who can I contact if I am having problems or have questions about my online application? Please work directly with your recruiter; see the job posting for local contact information.
- How do I withdraw my application if needed? If you would like to withdraw your job application, you may do so from the Candidate home page, using the Withdraw button. If you are later in the job application process, and the Withdraw button no longer displays, please work directly with your recruiter; see the job posting for local contact information.
- How can an accommodation be requested to assist with the application process? If you require an accommodation for a disability so that you may participate in the application or selection process, you are encouraged to contact the Cornell Cooperative Extension association. See the job posting for local contact information.