Assist in the execution of proposals and applications which reflect the superior quality and robust competitiveness of Cornell University research.
- Provide administrative support to CALS principal investigators and academic departments during the proposal development process from concept to submission.
- Build proposal budgets in a format which communicates the costs associated with a project in a clear and uncomplicated manner which address the considerations of post-award accounting practices and policies.
- Understand and communicate sponsor, university, college, and department procedures and policies.
- Work closely with colleagues at the Cornell Office of Sponsored Programs through the pre-award process; as stewards of initial and revised pre-award budgets, documentation, and correspondence.
- Promote proposal award success within CALS.
The Grant Proposal Team is dedicated to assisting PIs with proposal development and assembling application packages. Click here to see a list of the units we support.
- Donna Loeb, Team Lead (Geneva): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erin Oates, Sr. Grant Coordinator: email@example.com
- Carol Fisher, Grant Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lorissa Haines, Grant Coordinator: email@example.com
- Lori Harders, Grant Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant & Contract Officers are dedicated to reviewing final proposal packages and submitting funding requests to sponsors.
- CALS OSR Commitment to Service
Our commitment to you. Outlines our services and response times.
- CALS Grant Proposal Guidelines
Proposal submission policy issued by the CALS Senior Associate Deans Office
- Cornell University Proposal Review Policy
Faculty may continue to work on their proposal narratives during the proposal review window.
Questions regarding Indirect Costs
Other Applicable Policies
- Grant Writing Effort Policy
- Consulting Policy
- Financial Conflicts of Interest Policy
- Invention and Related Property Rights - University Policy 1.5
- Guidance on University Policy 1.5 from the Office of the Vice Provost for Research
- Inventions and Related Property Rights Assignment Form
- Royalty Distribution Policy
Other Relevant Agreements and MOA's: