Professor, School of Integrative Plant Science
Yiqi Luo's research program is focused on predictive understanding of ecosystem ecology and biogeochemistry under the global environmental change via data-model integration. Major issues include (1) how global change alters structure and functions of terrestrial ecosystems, and (2) how terrestrial ecosystems regulate climate change, addressed using experimentation, observation, data synthesis, modeling, data-model fusion, and theoretical analysis.
Among his many honors, Yiqi is a Fellow of the American Geophysical Union, the Ecological Society of America, and AAAS. He has also been recognized by Web of Science as a highly cited researcher for 2018-2021.
Terrestrial ecosystem and carbon cycle modeling
- Xingzhao Huang, Can Cui, Enqing Hou, Fangbing Li, Wenjie Liu, Lifen Jiang, Yiqi Luo, Xiaoniu Xu. 2022. Acidification of soil due to forestation at the global scale. Forest Ecology and Management 505: 119951. [Download]
- Chang Gyo Jung, Xia Xu, Zheng Shi, Shuli Niu, Jianyang Xia Rebecca Sherry, Lifen Jiang, Kai Zhu11, Enqing Hou, Yiqi Luo. 2022. Warmer and wetter climate promotes net primary production in C4 grassland with additional enhancement by hay harvesting. Ecosphere 1-13. [Download]
- Yude Pan, Robert B Jackson, David Y Hollinger, Oliver L Phillips, Robert S Nowak, Richard J Norby, Ram Oren, Peter B Reich, Andreas Lüscher, Kevin E Mueller, Clenton Owensby, Richard Birdsey, John Hom, Yiqi Luo. 2022. Contrasting responses of woody and grassland ecosystems to increased CO2 as water supply varies. Nature Ecology & Evolution 1-9. [Download]
- Xuehe Lu, Holly Croft, Jing M Chen, Yiqi Luo, Weimin Ju. 2022. Estimating photosynthetic capacity from optimized Rubisco–chlorophyll relationships among vegetation types and under global change. IOP Publishing 17: 15. [Download]
- Zhaolei Li, Ze Tang, Zhaopeng Song, Weinan Chen, Dashuan Tian, Shiming Tang, Xiaoyue Wang, Jinsong Wang, Wenjie Liu, Yi Wang, Jie Li, Lifen Jiang, Yiqi Luo, Shuli Niu. 2021. Variations and controlling factors of soil denitrification rate.. Global change biology. [Download]
- Junjiong Shao, Xuhui Zhou, Kees Jan van Groenigen, Guiyao Zhou, Huimin Zhou, Lingyan Zhou, Meng Lu, Jianyang Xia, Lin Jiang, Bruce A Hungate, Yiqi Luo, Fangliang He, Madhav P Thakur. 2021. Warming effects on grassland productivity depend on plant diversity. Global Ecology and Biogeography. [Download]
- Shuang Ma, Lifen Jiang, Rachel M Wilson, Jeff P Chanton, Scott Bridgham, Shuli Niu, Colleen M Iversen, Avni Malhotra, Jiang Jiang, Xingjie Lu, Yuanyuan Huang, Jason Keller, Xiaofeng Xu, Daniel M Ricciuto, Paul J Hanson, Yiqi Luo. 2021. Evaluating alternative ebullition models for predicting peatland methane emission and its pathways via data-model fusion. Biogeosciences Discussions. [Download]
- Yong Zhang, Feng Zhang, Diego Abalos, Yiqi Luo, Dafeng Hui, Bruce A Hungate, Pablo García‐Palacios, Yakov Kuzyakov, Jørgen Eivind Olesen, Uffe Jørgensen, Ji Chen. 2021. Stimulation of ammonia oxidizer and denitrifier abundances by nitrogen loading: Poor predictability for increased soil N2O emission. Global change biology. [Download]
- Longlong Xia, Shu Kee Lam, Ralf Kiese, Deli Chen, Yiqi Luo, Kees Jan van Groenigen, Elizabeth A Ainsworth, Ji Chen, Shuwei Liu, Lei Ma, Yuhao Zhu, Klaus Butterbach-Bahl. 2021. Elevated CO2 negates O3 impacts on terrestrial carbon and nitrogen cycles. One Earth 4: 11. [Download]
- Yuyang Wang, Jingfeng Xiao, Yaoming Ma, Yiqi Luo, Zeyong Hu, Fu Li, Yingnian Li, Lianglei Gu, Zhaoguo Li, Ling Yuan. 2021. Carbon fluxes and environmental controls across different alpine grassland types on the Tibetan Plateau. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 311: 108694. [Download]
310 Bradfield Hall
yl2735 [at] cornell.edu
Yiqi in the news
Ten professors from Cornell University’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences are among the most highly cited researchers in the world.
- Boyce Thompson Institute
- Food Science
- School of Integrative Plant Science