Incoming Exchange Program
Thank you for your interest in the CALS Exchange Program at Cornell University.
International undergraduate exchange students come to study with us through reciprocal exchange agreements with our partner universities. Only students who are enrolled at one of our partner universities may come to CALS as exchange students. To apply, contact the office at your home university that coordinates international exchange programs. You will complete a selection process with your home university. Once your university approves and nominates you as an exchange student, you may apply to CALS.
Good Luck! We hope to see you soon!
Acceptance guidelines for the CALS Exchange Program
- Be an undergraduate* student from one of our partner universities
- Be nominated by your home institution/university
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA equivalent to a U.S, 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (above average grades)
- Have completed at least two full-time semesters of university level studies
- Refer to our areas of study to ensure your academic interest relates to the mission of the college of agriculture and life sciences
- Our majors fall within these broad areas: agriculture and food, social sciences, environmental sciences, and life sciences
- Visit our complete list of fields of study offered at CALS
- Be proficient in the English language
- Unless explicitly waived by the CALS Exchange Office, you are required to submit either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) if you are from a non-English medium institution; and/or your first language is not English.
*Graduate level students may be accepted under the terms of our agreement with your home university. However, you will be admitted into CALS as an undergraduate.
Once you have been nominated by your home university, we will provide you with a link to our online application for incoming exchange students.
Fall semester or Academic Year: March 15
Spring semester: October 15
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.