Instructors are the best resource when you are experiencing academic difficulties. Course tutors are often available through the instructor.
You must first seek help from the professor and/or TA of the course.
Below are additional FREE tutoring resources.
Learning Strategies Center
The Learning Strategies Center in 420 CCC (on the Ag Quad near Roberts Hall) is the central academic support unit for undergraduates at Cornell University, and provides assistance in improving general study skills through semester long courses, workshops, individual consultations, and web site resources. Visit http://lsc.cornell.edu or call 607/255-6310. The center is open Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
CALS Tutoring Program
The CALS Tutoring Program is only available to CALS students. Please see below for what courses the program helps in. To request a tutor, please fill out the tutor request form. Once submitted, you will receive an email from CALS Student Services with a list of available tutors for the course(s) you are seeking assistance in. It is then up to you to reach out to tutors and coordinate sessions (you will not be automatically paired with a tutor).
Courses with CALS Tutoring Support:
- BIOAP 1100 - Domestic Animal Biology
- BIOMG 1350 - Introductory Biology: Cell and Developmental Biology
- BIOG 1440 - Introductory Biology: Comparative Physiology
- BIOMG 2800 - Lectures in Genetics and Genomics
- CHEM 1560 - Introduction to General Chemistry
- CHEM 1570 - Introduction to Organic and Biological Chemistry
- CHEM 2070 - General Chemistry I
- CHEM 2080 - General Chemistry II
- CHEM 2510 - Introduction to Experimental Organic Chemistry
- CHEM 3570 - Organic Chemistry for the Life Sciences
- CHEM 3580 - Organic Chemistry for the Life Sciences
- CS 1110 - Introduction to Computing Using Python
- MATH 1110 - Calculus I
- MATH 1120 - Calculus II
- MATH 1910 - Calculus for Engineers
- PHYS 1101 - General Physics I
- PHYS 1102 - General Physics II
- PHYS 2207 - Fundamentals of Physics I
- PHYS 2208 - Fundamentals of Physics II
Biology Student Advisors
The Office of Undergraduate Biology encourages Biological Sciences majors to take advantage of the services provided by the Learning Strategies Center. In addition, our Student Advisors are available to tutor Biological Sciences majors in foundation courses during his/her office hour shift in the OUB.